AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
The HR Manager provides strategic support to the AFL IG entity while also participating in day-to-day operations of the human resource function. Although supported by the Corporate HR team, the person in this role will be working independently, and he / she will perform core HR functions to the associates in the Kent, WA location. The ability to balance strategic and operational support is a key to success.
- Facilitate and support effective recruiting strategies in collaboration with Hiring Managers and the Corporate Talent Acquisition team.
- Guide both managers and employees regarding company policies and HR programs including compensation, benefits, training, orientation, leaves of absence, etc.
- Manage employee relations, including internal investigations and disciplinary actions.
- Develop strong interpersonal relationships with all associates (direct and indirect) throughout the organization.
- Proactively identify engagement and retention issues; collaborate with business leaders to define and execute strategies to increase engagement and retention levels.
- Drive Talent Management practices to support business strategy, including performance assessments, performance management, talent reviews, and succession planning.
- Provide consistent guidance and support to the associates in the Kent facility. The Kent facility has an approximate ratio of 75% / 25% of production to office personnel.
- Insure consistent administration of HR policies and procedures; comply with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Work with AFL IG President to facilitate H/R related functions across the entire AFL IG footprint (Kent, WA, Milton Keynes, UK, and Shenzhen, China.)
- Ability to collaborate, consult, and influence with various levels of management and employees.
- Strong initiative to plan and carry through projects
- Strong conflict resolution, negotiating, and facilitation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant field
- 7 10 years of HR experience, including in a generalist role
- Hands-on experience with recruiting and staffing
- Solid understanding of HR functions, including employee relations, performance management, compensation, organizational development, training, development
- Travel; < 25%
- Primarily office environment in a manufacturing facility
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: