AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
We are seeking a Technology Manager - Fiber Optics Subject Matter Expert for a full time opportunity with our Light Brigade Training division in the Seattle, WA area.
Work with our team of instructional designers, fiber industry experts, and technical trainers to create world class fiber optic training. Serve as fiber optic subject matter expert, consulting with instructional design staff to ensure content is technically accurate, relevant and will meet customer expectations. You will build and maintain relationships with industry standards organizations to make sure our training follows current fiber industry best practices and requirements. Work with training staff to ensure they are prepared to deliver new or updated courses. As needed, you may be asked to teach classes or provide train-the-trainer activities.
- Work closely with instructional design staff to distill complex topics into easily consumable training programs
- Assist with design and development of training products and solutions as needed
- Review and provide feedback for existing, revised and new training materials to ensure technical accuracy and relevance
- Assist the team to identify and analyze potential training products and solutions
- Remain fluent with technology applications
- Keep up to date on current fiber technology and product trends in broadband and/or enterprise applications
- Work with industry groups to coordinate course content with certification requirements
- Create and deliver technology webinars and write articles for industry publications
- Degree in applicable technical field
- Expertise in various aspects of fiber optic communications from the engineering level to the field technician
- Understanding of fiber optic related standards and best practices
- Field experience with fiber optic or other communications infrastructure
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the fiber optics industry
- Instructional design, technical training or teaching experience a plus
- Able to describe highly detailed, technical topics in terms understandable by a lay person
- Excellent presentation and people skills
- Able to work with customers to adapt content for specific training requests
- Able to learn new products and procedures quickly
- Professional and positive outlook
- Results driven consistently meeting deadlines for deliverables
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: