See all jobs in Greenville NC
Job Location: Greenville, North Carolina
This position reports to
Sr. Manager, Production
Manager, directly responsible for Production Engineering, Maintenance and Jig Shop department activities for GNC and its subsidiaries in compliance with company policy. The relationship also includes the duty to facilitate, coordinate, and communicate all issues with ASMO Co., Ltd. (Japan). Production Engineering Department Management and decision-making responsibilities lies within this position.
• To provide leadership, guidance, and direction to subordinates in order to satisfactorily execute the activities of production engineering, facility, safety, health and environmental, maintenance, die maintenance and jig shop and make any decisions necessary to execute these activities.
• To delegate responsibility to Engineers to investigate, analyze and recommend steps toward successful and timely resolution to all production engineering assignments and/or projects.
• To understand and consistently comply with all company policies and procedures and be able to administer them fairly and consistently.
• Directs and coordinates the activities with the respective section in the most efficient manner.
• Keep accurate, detailed records of production engineering, department activities and prepare monthly presentations as necessary to communicate information effectively.
• To ensure compliance of all federal, state, and local regulations as they relate to facility, safety, health and environmental engineering, including but not limited to all required agreements and permits.
SCOPE OF JOB
• Directly supervises Asst. Manager, Coordinators, Asst. Coordinators, Jog Shop Team Leader and Production Engineers.
• Responsible for effective communication to maintain customer and supplier relations even during adverse conditions.
• Promotion of company activities such as Employee Involvement, QS9000 and ISO14000.
• Responsible for operating within budget constraints
• Some travel to customer and supplier sites required.
• Other duties as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Requires a 4-year engineering degree or its demonstrated equivalent.
• Requires 5-7 years prior experience in a similar type manufacturing industry.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with outside resources and all levels of internal resources in both written and oral formats.
• Must have systematic, investigative, and analytical skills in order to perform complex problem investigations.
• Refer to Physical Essential Job Function manual.
QUALITY/ENVIRONMENTAL ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Promote and enforce process conformance to QS 9000 and ISO14001 Requirements.
• Promote and implement continuous improvement projects to increase process capability and compliance.
• Develop short and long term action plans to address processes with sub-standard CpK levels.
• Work with Purchasing and Quality Departments to continuously improve processes of outside parts suppliers to ASMO.
• Contain or stop the process as necessary to prevent non-conforming material from contaminating good material.
• Learn, understand, communicate and practice the Quality and Environmental Management Systems.
• Play an active role in achieving and maintaining QS-9000 and ISO-14001.
How To Apply:
No relocation package offered.
Please email us your resume.
ASMO Greenville of N.C., Inc.