SALARY RANGE: $78,150 - $108,630
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on December 11, 2017.
LOCATION: Gillette, WY
Apply safety and maintenance leadership and expertise in supervision of a maintenance crew. Execute maintenance corrective, preventive, and predictive maintenance plans utilizing the highest safety standards and best industry practices to maximize fleet availability and meet the mine’s production requirements.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Maintenance Superintendent
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support and implement corporate safety initiatives, promote a safe work environment and lead by example.
- Maintain strict compliance with all safety, environmental and other regulations.
- Develop skills of hourly maintenance personnel by providing challenging situations and proper guidance to ensure their success.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude regarding the Company, its policies, and personnel to other employees.
- Partner within management team, especially operations counterparts, to ensure management team actions are cohesive and unified.
- Complete all required daily safety inspections, daily log books and incident reports in a timely manner.
- Assist the development of daily, weekly and long term planning schedules for maintenance department. Participate in weekly planning meetings.
- Communicate plans and share any changes with appropriate departments (accounting, engineering, operations, etc.) to maintain continuity on a day to day basis.
- Coordinate break-in activities and efficiently assign crew to accomplish required objectives.
- Ensure the safest and most cost effective use of manpower and equipment. Initiate procedures and corrective measures when needed.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Utilize effective verbal and written communication with the workforce.
- Coordinate with the maintenance planners to establish a training schedule to ensure the crew members have adequate knowledge of mine equipment and facilities.
- Use a team approach for problem solving to ensure that all avenues are explored so assets are utilized safely, efficiently and financial risks are minimized.
- Ensure completion of all required record keeping by crews in a timely manner (time tickets, task training, incident reports, shift reports, etc.).
- Ensure completion of skill assessments and annual performance reviews.
- Monitor work violations and initiate appropriate action as outlined in company policies. Partner with the Human Resource to ensure continuity.
- Ensure coal quality and tonnage requirements of customers are achieved safely.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Develop and maintain professional relations with personnel throughout Black Hills Corporation.
- All mine management, personnel, and departments.
- Internal and external customer.
- Prefer five years mine maintenance supervisory experience or related field.
- Broad based experience emphasizing safety, mine operation, and maintenance.
- Associates Degree in Diesel Technology or related maintenance/engineering field desirable.
- Electrical Certification desirable.
- In depth knowledge of mine safety practices, mine equipment maintenance practices and applicable regulatory standards, including State of Wyoming and MSHA regulations.
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills.
- Written and Verbal Communication skills along with leadership and cognitive abilities.
- Proficient computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Ability to develop relationships at all organization levels.
- Ability to make decisions, monitor and evaluate mobile and stationary mine equipment systems.
- Current Wyoming Surface Mine Foreman Certification.
- Current MSHA 5000-23 Certification for Surface Coal Mining.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
How To Apply:
Please apply on-line below:
Black Hills Corporation
We are committed to our mission to Improve Life with Energy in the work we do, in our community involvement and in the careers of our team members. No matter the role you play you will find a connection in your work at BHC to something bigger...challenges that stretch your skills, serving customers and the larger community, and being a part of the industry that makes everything else possible.