SALARY RANGE: $75,000 - $97,530
Basel salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on December 20, 2017.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Responsible for the measurement and collection of all Black Hills Energy South Dakota and Wyoming energy sales. Responsible for field and shop standardized meter testing and schedules, installation and maintenance of specialized measurement systems. Ensure accurate record keeping practices relative to meter testing, testing programs, meter installations and meter equipment inventories in compliance with Company practices. Responsible for inventory control of electric meters and equipment, monitoring usage and maintaining proper inventory levels to meet customer needs.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Meter Services Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise electric meter technicians and other field personnel as directed.
- Coordinate activities, standards and processes with other departments and with corporate measurement functions.
- Administer and enforce the corporate standards for electric meter installation and use.
- Manage meter shop and all electrical measurement activities.
- Ensure that customer usage data is accurately collected and made available for revenue billing and web presentment.
- Ensure electric energy metering systems, programs and processes meet regulatory requirements and company expectations.
- Compile and prepare daily, weekly and monthly department productivity reports.
- Requisition all electric metering equipment including meters and instrument transformers in coordination with the central metering department.
- Prepare, monitor and manage departmental budget in coordination with the central metering budgets.
- Review and approve all CT rated meter installations and testing.
- Develop and manage meter test programs in coordination with central meter functions to meet regulatory requirements and corporate reliability standards.
- Responsible for all special metering, including large volume customers.
- Responsible for installation coordination and support of load research metering.
- Support the development, promotion and implementation of electric meter operating standards in coordination with the central metering function.
- Responsible for the safe operation of the meter shop as well as employee safety and safe work practices, both in the shop and field environments.
- Insure metering installations are safely installed in accordance with National Electric Code, National Electrical Safety Code and Company standards.
- Ensure Advanced Metering Infrastructure system is maintained in a timely manner to insure meter data and billing requirements are met.
- Manage meter apprenticeship programs.
- Maintain compliance with union contract.
- Participate on corporate meter standards committee.
- Remain current in knowledge on metering technology trends.
- Ensure meter technicians remain current with metering practices and processes.
- Promote safety within the department and throughout the entire organization.
- Maintain effective working relationships with all Company employees, including those in the measurement, operations, safety, human resources, customer services, GIS, IT and property accounting departments.
- 3-5 years of relevant electric metering experience required.
- Experience managing union personnel preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Additional relevant education, such as Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, preferred.
- Solid background and knowledge of electric metering practices, electric codes, meter testing principles and PUC requirements.
- Knowledge of accounting processes and FERC rules.
- Knowledge of various software programs, including CIS, AMI, MDMS, OMS, Power Plant and Hyperion.
- Knowledge of NEC, NESC, PUC rules and regulations and other state laws as applicable.
- Understanding of telecommunications systems.
- Excellent understanding of meter testing principles and meter installations.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of various types and manufacturers of electric meters.
- Proficient in computer applications including Microsoft Office and various specialized software.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand and grasp technical concepts quickly.
- Requires travel within the utility service territory and for support of corporate subsidiaries.
- Perform work in close proximity to energized electrical facilities.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
How To Apply:
Please apply on-line below:
Black Hills Corporation
We are committed to our mission to Improve Life with Energy in the work we do, in our community involvement and in the careers of our team members. No matter the role you play you will find a connection in your work at BHC to something bigger...challenges that stretch your skills, serving customers and the larger community, and being a part of the industry that makes everything else possible.