8S CCPCU is a 24 bed telemetry/ progressive care unit The primary focus of the department are patients with heart failure and a secondary focus on other cardiac patients. Of course, there is the potential of caring for non-cardiac patients when the beds are needed. Clinical Associate and Nursing Assistants are responsible for vital signs, blood glucose, EKGs, bathing, foley catheter care, documenting Ins & Outs, ADLs, feeding as needed, safety checks etc.
As part of the health care team, the Nursing Assistant performs basic clerical and technical clinical services relating to the care, cleanliness, safety, and comfort for patients of all ages. The Nursing Assistant also provides quality service through a team oriented, collaborative approach to patient care. The Nursing Assistant is also expected to support Carilion`s hallmarks of service excellence and quality for all job responsibilities.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provides basic nursing care and performs advanced technical skills for specified age groups according to established standards. Assists patients with activities of daily living. Transports patients, supplies, specimens, equipment, etc. within the facility.
- Appropriately documents and reports patient observations to licensed staff.
- Exhibits competent knowledge of EMR and assists with chart audits.
- Reviews medical record for outstanding orders and notifies nurse of stat orders and medication changes.
- Processes equipment between patients as needed (cleans unit based equipment and gathers supplies needed to operate equipment). Operates and maintains general office equipment.
- Manages admissions, transfers, and discharges. Coordinates patient flow into/out of area using department/unit specific software and Intranet. Schedules patient therapeutic and diagnostic procedures
- Welcomes and assists patients and visitors and assists with registration. Serves as "face" of the unit, adheres to dress code and exhibits service excellence behaviors at all times.
- Demonstrates excellent telephone etiquette and interpersonal skills when answering phones and interacting with patients, visitors, physicians, and other health professionals.
- Monitors cleanliness of the waiting and break rooms, and performs safety/environmental rounds.
- Assists with maintaining regulatory compliance.
Be part of a Joint Commission-accredited organization that has earned distinguished accolades for clinical excellence. Enjoy supportive leadership, inter-professional teams, and an innovative learning environment. And experience the advantages of building a career with a regional leader at Carilion Clinic. Our community-based healthcare network includes seven hospitals, two of which are Magnet designated; multi-specialty physician practices; and affiliations with prestigious academic medical institutions.
Based in Roanoke, Virginia, we invite you to play an important role as we inspire optimal health through compassionate care, medical education and research, and neighborhood outreach. With honors including the Beacon Award for Excellence, a reputation for nursing research, and national rankings by U.S. News & World Report, we can enhance your professional satisfaction through extensive training, advancement potential, and state-of-the-art technology.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent education required. Experience: Previous experience in direct patient care preferred.
Licensure/Certification: Certified Nursing Assistant preferred. Must successfully complete Basic Life Support Course within 6 months of hire.
Other: Effective interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills required. Must successfully complete orientation and competency validation for position.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
CommUNITY: Working in unison to serve our community, our Carilion family and our loved ones.
Courage: Doing whats right for our patients without question.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 12689
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CRMH - Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
Shift Details: 3 twelve hour shifts
Recruiter: EMILY L HICKS
Recruiter Phone: 540-983-4150
Recruiter Email: THIS EMAIL
As a not-for-profit organization, we pride ourselves on investing in our employees and the communities we serve.
Our employees strive to provide quality care in serving over 1 million residents in Virginia while living and growing their careers in the country`s most livable cities and towns.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., Carilion Clinic is a robust system of small and large award-winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.