CompSource Mutual is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented professional for the position of Actuary. This position provides support for loss reserving, rate making, financial statement and capital modeling, and data analysis through preparation of exhibits and statistical analysis.
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Pay Range: $51,000 - $63,000
Reports to: Actuarial and Modeling Analyst
Supervisory Duties: No
- Reviewing, organizing and analyzing statistical data using Excel.
- Compiling and reviewing appropriate information and documentation in preparation for a rate analysis (LCM-pricing) and review.
- Producing LCM filing exhibits for analysis and review.
- Compiling required data and analysis for loss reserve evaluation.
- Compiling required data and analysis for economic capital modeling and reinsurance evaluation.
- Risk-based capital impact analysis.
- Preparation of information for requests from regulating bodies.
- Supporting the Data Management team by preparing reconciliations and reviewing data query results.
- Compiling data for the review of large claim reserves.
- Preparing analyses and disclosures to meet statutory financial reporting requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in related field such as Actuarial Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Insurance or another technical field of study required or must graduate within 6 months of hire.
- Past experience in a professional setting preferred.
- Data gathering and analysis
- Problem Solving
- Functional expertise and usage
- Technical expertise and usage
Salary is commensurate with experience within the range listed above. Applicants must be willing and able to fulfill all job-related travel.
CompSource Mutual offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. Employees receive a benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, and Vision, Life and AD&D Insurance, at a minimal cost to the employee. We also offer a Company Match 401(k) Plan for employees who elect to participate. CompSource is excited to offer personal time off (PTO), wellness leave, and parental leave as part of the paid time-off options.
An Equal Opportunity Employer