RECREATION LEADER (NON CDL) PERMANENT PT - 0417 Salary
$12,781.00 - $19,177.00 Annually
PARKS & RECREATION
12/22/2017 11:59 PM Eastern
- Job Description
Brief Description of the Job:
Under limited supervision plan and implement social, recreational, and cultural activities. Assist with the tutorial component of the After-School Program. Perform related duties as assigned by the Community Center Supervisor. Planning, implementing, and developing programs for individuals aged 3 and over. Instruct programs and assist with you sports when appropriate. Monitor after-school programs while planning special events. Ensuring the safety and security of the facility while maintain the interior/exterior of the building facility. Assist with community events and programs. Preparation of summer program lunches and the delivery of the study buddies afterschool program hot meals to be served daily.
- Job Duties
Community Center Food Programs (10%): Pick-up and delivery of hot meals to each community center. Preparing and measuring meals to ensure each child has the proper serving. Cleaning of the utensil and pans to be returned to partners
- After-school program
- Supervise participants, Preparation of educational worksheets, activities, and team building assignments. Preparation of homework supplies and materials. Assist with the navigation of online homework assignments and projects. Assist with daily instructional homework assignments given from school. Lead physical recreational activities. To maintain daily attendance paperwork
- Summer Camp
- Supervise camp groups, develop and implement program and activities, coordinate with center supervisor to order supplies, assist in participant registration, Coordinate and lead camp-wide recreation, drama, fitness, etc. programs
- Transport the Mobi-Rec truck and deliver programs to designated parks and locations throughout the City of Greenville
- Community Athletic Leagues
- Assist in the recruitment of players for team and coaching of athletic team for the Parks and Recreation Department
- Evening/Additional programs
- Serve as the coordinator, instructor or liaison for center/departmental programs. maintain rosters and attendance logs, set-up and break-down of tables, chairs, etc.
Building/Grounds Maintenance (5%): Inspect and maintain the exterior/interior of the building facility. Remove trash from the playground and campus grounds, Sweep and mob floors as needed, removal of all trash. Wipe down tables and put tables and chairs up each day.
Overall Strength Demands: Medium strength demands include exerting 20-50 pounds occasionally, 10-25 pounds frequently, or up to 10 pounds constantly.
Physical Demands: Continuously requires talking. Frequently requires standing, walking, carrying, sitting, reaching, kneeling, pushing/pulling, climbing, and using vision. Occasionally requires fine dexterity, handling, balancing, bending, crouching, and twisting.
Machines, Tools, Equipment, and Work Aids: Telephone, computers, copier, recreational equipment
Computer Equipment and Software: Computer, copier, printer
Overall Working Conditions: Satisfactory: Occasional exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions and/or hazards.
Environmental Factors: Daily exposure to extreme temperature, wetness and/or humidity, respiratory hazards, and noise and vibration.
Health and Safety: None
Primary Work Location: Community Centers
Protective Equipment Required: None
Frequently requires working closely with others as part of a team and noisy/distracting environment. Occasionally requires time pressures, frequent change of tasks, performing multiple tasks simultaneously, and tedious or exacting work. Rarely requires emergency situations and irregular schedule/overtime.
Formal Education: High school diploma plus six months to one year of advanced study or training in Recreation is required.
Experience: Under and including one year of experience in Recreation is required.
Driver`s License Required: Class D South Carolina license.
Certifications and Other Requirements: First Aid, and CPR
How To Apply:
Please fill out our Online Application by clicking the Apply button below:
Our office hours are 8:00 am-5:00 pm Monday - Friday.
The City of Greenville will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified individuals. The City of Greenville does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, disability status or age in employment or provision of services.