See all jobs in san diego CA
Job Location: San Diego, California
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: 1717169
Are you driven to succeed and looking to work for the best in the business? Bring your ambition to Cox Media as a Zone Advertising Account Executive, where you will sell the most innovative digital media and TV advertising solutions in the marketplace. Our robust portfolio of in-demand advertising solutions means you’ll connect advertisers to today’s top sports, entertainment and information networks on cable television. Anyone, anywhere, any screen is at the center of every advertising plan with Cox Media, and the foundation of our history of success.
At Cox Media, we represent the most reputable brands in the industry including ESPN, AMC, FX, Bravo and many more. Our digital product offerings allow us to reach targeted audiences using geo and behavioral targeting along with keyword and search retargeting, video pre-roll and location-based audience segments. We hire energetic, passionate sales professionals with a drive to succeed and who love to exceed client expectations.
If this sounds like you, keep reading to find out more!
A career as a Zone Advertising Account Executive will offer you a collaborative and fast-paced sales environment, competitive pay with uncapped earning potential, and recognition for your outstanding performance.
- Engage with new and existing clients within an assigned territory to understand their business objectives and create marketing campaigns to drive results through effective television and digital advertising solutions
- Generate new business leads by prospecting and making cold calls to achieve and exceed sales goals
- Cultivate relationships and make frequent contact with clients, regularly update needs analysis, monitor ad campaign effectiveness and make changes as required
- Sell digital advertising and marketing solutions customized to each client's needs, from the Cox Media product suite that includes on-air commercials, online video, social media placements and mobile marketing solutions
- Understand prospect’s organization and build relationships focusing on key decision-makers
- Create and present customized sales presentations/proposals and successfully close negotiations
- Participate in budgeting and forecasting individual revenue achievement
- Increase knowledge of sales and product offerings through provided on-going training
- Attend trade shows, industry events and represent Cox Media in the local business community to build awareness and engagement
- 1+ years of cable, broadcast, digital advertising sales/support or marketing experience
- Ability to develop new business and achieve individual sales goals
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Motivated team player who consistently strives to exceed goals and push revenue expectations
- Valid driving license, good driving record and reliable transportation
- Ability to multitask, manage multiple assignments and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team-oriented environment
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (business, advertising or marketing)
- Solid understanding of marketing principals and applications in business
- Interactive Advertising Bureau Certification and/or Google Ad Words Certified a plus
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-CA-San Diego-5887 Copley Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
How to Apply:
Please apply online at: