Sr. Control Engineer
Delta Star, Inc. is a manufacturer of power transformers and sole manufacturer of mobile transformers and mobile substations in the United States. The Delta Star Inc. San Carlos, CA plant has an immediate opening for a Senior Control Engineer.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree or technical experience;
- 2-4 year P&C design experience in related fields;
- Proficient in AutoCAD;
- Familiar with NEC and electrical standards;
- Extended knowledge and/or design experience with microprocessor based relays (SEL, ABB, GE);
- Extended knowledge of transformer/substation protection, control, and applications;
- Knowledge of the major substation equipment Switchgear, Circuit Breakers, Circuit Switcher, Instrument Transformers, etc.;
- Good understanding in reading and interpreting schematic diagrams, one-line drawings and wiring diagram;
- Clear and concise writing and verbal communication skills;
- Prepare all manufacturing documentation and drawings associated with electrical controls of mobile substations and power transformers.
- Coordinate with Transformer Design Engineer and Mechanical Engineer for proper technical spec interpretation, material ordering, design review, special requirement and custom design issues.
- Preparing the Bill of Material per customer specifications and Company practices for timely release of advanced materials.
- Participate in resolution of questions and clarification with customer contacts.
- Provide technical support to test department, field service, and customers.
- Troubleshoot and assist the customers for various issues they have with existing units in the field.
- Assist and help other engineers with technical issues and resolutions.
- Prepare bid documents for P&C components for mobile substations.
Full benefits package includes medical, dental, life insurance, AD&D, vision, 401k with company match, ESOP, vacation, sick leave and tuition reimbursement.
Salary commensurate to experience
Delta Star, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply:
The secret to Delta Star's success comes from our valued employees. Each associate of Delta Star helps lead our success in the electrical industry by committing to quality and customer satisfaction. See why Delta Star has been the choice for power companies around the world for over 100 years. Come explore a Company whose commitment to quality, integrity, and customer satisfaction truly sets it apart. We're looking for talented people like you join our team.
Please apply on-line.
Delta Star Inc.