Dixon is looking for a Machinist Trainee to join our team in Pewaukee, WI.
Dixons Sanitary Division specializes in the manufacturing of a full line of sanitary stainless steel valves, pumps and fittings used in the food, dairy, beverage, cosmetic, pharmaceutical, and industrial markets. This division also performs custom in-house automation of valves and custom assembly of pumps.
The Machinist Trainee will learn to set up and operate an engine lathe, mill and CNC machine to produce precision stainless steel and aluminum components in a model shop environment. Will be responsible for inspecting products to drawing specifications and will learn to recognize machining issues and make adjustments as needed. Additional responsibilities and training will include modifying existing parts for various applications, converting an idea or concept into a finished part, designing and manufacturing prototypes and fixtures.
- Train under skilled machinist
- Set up and operate an engine lathe, mill and CNC machine to produce precision metal components
- Inspect products to drawing specifications
- Learn to recognize machining issues and make adjustments
- Modify existing parts for various applications, convert a concept into a finished part, and manufacture prototypes and fixtures
- Mechanical aptitude
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and with a team
- Ability to read and understand drawings and tolerances
- Ability to use measuring tools and basic shop mathematics
- Experience with manual or CNC lathe and mill set-up and machining
- Ability to lift and maneuver up to 70 lbs. over the course of a shift
- Ability to work in a fast paced manufacturing environment
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
High School or better.
Technical/other training or better.
3-5 years: Manufacturing
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.