Saw Operator - 1st shift (R1456) Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set-up saw, cut and trim angle, bar/round stock, channel, tubing and various other raw materials to be used for manufacturing and fabrication process.
- Check the pick list for material type, thickness, and size to determine which saw and blades are required.
- Examine products and verify conformance to specifications before delivering parts to proper work centers.
- Identify non-conformances during inspection of component parts and properly document such non-conformances.
- Maintain proper working conditions of cutting equipment and company tools.
- Clean equipment/tools and work area on a daily basis.
- Maintain accurate inventory levels.
- Record an accurate log of job times and specifications for audit reports.
- Notify supervisor when material received does not meet the required specifications.
- Follow all related ISO 9000 procedures.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or G.E.D. is required. A technical college, postsecondary certificate program is a plus.
- 1-5 years of precision-based industrial saw experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of machines and tools, including their uses, maintenance and repair is required.Knowledge of the raw materials being cut is a plus.
- Reading, writing, and math skills commensurate with position is required.
- Competency reading blueprints is required on a daily basis.
- Experience successfully working alone as well as in a team setting.
- Proven ability to quickly adapt to project needs in completion of one`s own responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
o Moderate - 20-50 lbs. / Frequently - 1-20 lbs.
o Frequent grasping and holding
Stand in one position
Percent of job performed per hours worked:
0% - 15% Seldom
16% - 33% Occasionally
34% - 65% Moderate
66% - up Frequently
How To Apply:
Please apply online:
Fox Valley Metal Tech, Inc.