Scope & Job Description
Greater Green Bay Chamber
The Greater Green Bay Chamber has a 135 year heritage as the focal point of economic development in Green Bay and Brown County. The Chamber has 1,200 members, representing more than 86,500 employees, serving a region with a population base of 240,000+ within Northeast Wisconsin. The Chamber’s Advance department functions as the Greater Green Bay area’s economic development corporation and is part of the Chamber’s overall business program. Advance was established in 1985 as a public-private partnership and is housed in a separate business incubator office suite on the campus of Northeast Wisconsin Technical College. Advance is charged with improving and diversifying the local economy while serving as the economic development focal point and resource center for Brown County businesses and
Economic Development Strategic Plan:
The Greater Green Bay Chamber engaged TIP Strategies, an Austin-based economic development consulting firm, to assist with the preparation of an economic development strategic plan for the Greater Green Bay region. The plan was finalized in May 2017. This newly created position is a direct result of our strategy.
Business Attraction and Investment Director (Director)
The Director will serve in a highly dynamic and growing economic development program, whose strategic focus was recently determined in a regional economic development strategic plan (strategy). The Business Attraction and Investment Director (BAI Director) will work closely with the Vice President Economic Development (VP), the Advance staff, internal and external stakeholders, and other partner organizations.
The BAI Director executes and manages all business and investment attraction activities as they relate to prospecting, lead generation and follow up, as well as marketing of the Greater Green Bay area. The Director is the point of contact for all attraction and investment related leads and projects, from prospecting to project completion, including but not limited to, preparing of proposals. The Director is expected to maintain internal databases for detailed tracking and reporting of the outcomes on the full portfolio of attraction and investment activities, prospecting and lead generation. We are seeking a candidate with the highest level of integrity, extensive experience working with C-level executives globally, and is used to handling high-level confidential information.
- Executes economic development strategic plan’s business attraction and investment efforts.
- Proactively pursues target industries’ companies nationally and internationally as outlined by our strategic plan.
- Develops, plans and executes FAM-tours, tradeshows (domestic and international), trade missions, out of market visits, and talent recruiting efforts.
- Creates and manages relationships with site selectors, consultants, commercial brokers, developers, regional stakeholders, utility partners, and prospective companies. Works in collaboration with all Brown County communities, to oversee site inventory, promotion of available buildings, sites etc.
- Creates and maintains reporting mechanism for all activities related to business and investment attraction.
- Attends regional, national, and international events to promote the Greater Green Bay area.
- Attends industry events around the world to connect with prospects and develop leads.
- Develops information and marketing materials needed by location decision makers, and illustrate the advantages and opportunities for businesses in the Greater Green Bay area.
- Conducts research and competitive analysis.
- Prepares proposals and other documents as part of the deal-closing process.
- Actively markets the Federal Trade Zone, Port, and Airport to create global awareness of the Greater Green Bay brand.
Work is performed under the direction of the Vice President. Receives broad administrative guidance. Assignments are in terms of setting objectives within strategic planning goals. Employee has responsibility for planning, designing and implementing programs/ projects; studies and sets goals for the unit in alignment with strategic plans and other Chamber goals. Approval from Vice President is necessary with regard to financial decisions.
- 5-7 years in a leading role in planning and executing FAM-tours, domestic and international tradeshows, lead generation and development
- Proficient in Salesforce, Executive Pulse
Physical and other Requirements
Frequent domestic and international travel required. Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. Valid drivers license and reliable transportation required.
A minimum of a baccalaureate degree and at least 5-7 years of experience in economic development focusing on business and investment attraction, and other business development experience. Candidates shall have excellent spoken and written skills. Preference will be given to bilingual candidates. International experience preferred.
Interested applicants should submit a current resume with a cover letter describing their qualifications for the position. Include names, affiliations, and contact information of four references.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
How To Apply:
Please send resume to:
Greater Green Bay Chamber
300 N. Broadway, Ste. 3A
Green Bay, WI 54305
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.