This individual serves as the Administrative Assistant for the 6 Medical Group’s Chief of Medical Staff (SGH). They will serve as a program assistant for data collection, data entry, computation, interpretation, presentation, and all other applicable lateral areas of responsibility as outlined by the SGH. Provides office assistance by performing various clerical and administrative duties such as developing presentations, performing office automation duties such as word processing, email correspondence, managing suspenses, creating briefing charts, and development/tabulation of spreadsheets.
Must have HS diploma or GED and at least 12 months of experience in program assistance/management support role, preferably within a medical environment. Experience working within the military healthcare environment desired.
Must meet the eligibility requirements for a security clearance (US citizenship is a requirement).
Must provide proof of completion of Basic Life Support training.
Proof of immunizations to include flu shot and TB test (2-step) required.
Mandatory knowledge and skills:
- Advanced knowledge in the use of MS Outlook, Power Point, Excel, Word and Adobe Acrobat (pdf docs) software, capable of editing, developing, and reformatting complex formats (graphics, tables within text, revise and update spreadsheets, etc.).
- Fully capable collecting, compiling, editing, analyzing, and presenting data.
- Fully capable in development and editing of lengthy, complicated reports that may require multiple software formats.
- Knowledgeable in development, implementation, interpretation, and short- and long-term tracking of surveys and critiques.
- Technical assistant/advisor to working groups planning and preparing presentations for annual PM conferences.
- Skilled ability in teamwork, software, and oral communication required.
- Ability to compose correspondence from draft to final version, both electronic and hard copy.
- English language, correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and formatting to prepare and edit written correspondence, reports and presentations.
- Use of standard office equipment, such as computers, copiers, fax machines, telephone systems and office automation systems to perform a range of office support.
- General medical ethics, telephone etiquette, excellent communications/interpersonal and customer service skills.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer of protected veterans