If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.
Senior AssuranceEmployee Regular Full Time
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma City, OK, US
30+ days ago
Requisition ID: 1120
Job Summary: Serve as senior assurance professional on engagements through all phases of the audit process with minimal supervision, in various industries, including manufacturing, oil and gas, professional services, health care, governmental, wholesale/distribution, financial institution and nonprofit entities.
- Actively maintain the firms core values HT3 and service standards.
- Research and analyze financial statement issues utilizing various electronic sources and software
- Contribute to the assurance workflow by researching and using planning skills to identify, analyze and articulate problems and opportunities and propose solutions to client issues
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of company operations in order to assess internal controls and provide value-added, business process solutions to client management
- Effectively communicate timely results, both internally and externally, on project and client information
- Maintain positive, professional relationships with clients
- Carry moderately complex tasks through to completion
- Supervise and coach staff and interns on detailed engagements for moderately complex to less complex clients
- Maintain understanding of all relevant computer software applications and how they might best be used to promote efficient use of time
- Obtain understanding of the economics of job performance and Firm operation by reviewing and working within budgets and billing constraints
- Attendance and participation in Level 3, 4, and 5 assurance training
- Working toward the completion of the CPA certification. Required to promote to Manager
- Participation in professional and business organizations as requested
- Participation in client development and marketing efforts as needed
- Participation in staff recruiting activities and events to support Firm recruiting efforts
- Expected level of chargeable time is 1,600 hours, within the context of a 2,250 hour year
- Adhere to the Firms quality control standards
- Adhere to a high standard of independence and integrity
- Travel as needed
- Bachelors degree in accounting from an accredited college
- Compliance with the 150 hour rule and/or a CPA
- Two (2) years to four (4) years recent public accounting experience
- Understanding of generally accepted auditing standards, generally accepted accounting principles (FASB, GAAP, OCBOA) and industry specific rules
- Experience with a paperless auditing application preferred
- Proficient use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Strong research, organizational, computer and analytical skills needed
- A desire to provide exceptional client service with the highest level of integrity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Caseware and McGladrey methodology preferred.
- Ability to meet budget and time deadlines
While performing the duties of this job the employee will regularly be required to sit, stand, reach, walk, drive, kneel, crouch, crawl and lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
How To Apply:
HoganTaylor is a lasting business with an entrepreneurial spirit that drives our desire to be leaders in the markets of those we serve.
Whether you are a current college student looking for an introduction to public accounting through an internship, a soon-to-be college graduate ready to take your first career step or an experienced professional looking to enhance your career through a new experience, we invite you to explore a career at HoganTaylor.