If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.
Tax SeniorEmployee Regular Full Time
Tulsa, OK, US
30+ days ago
Requisition ID: 1122
The HoganTaylor Tax Team provides remarkable client service through our core values of Unity, Service, and Dynamic. If you are interested in bringing your tax experience to work with a team of dedicated professionals serving our clients and each other, then click the "apply" button to get started!
Job Summary: Effectively work with tax team to provide quality tax services to clients in various industries, including manufacturing, oil and gas, insurance, health care, wholesale/distribution, financial institution, governmental and nonprofit companies.
- Actively maintains the firms core values HT3 and service standards.
- Demonstrate a focused knowledge and understanding of individual, partnership, corporate and fiduciary income tax areas
- Lead projects to obtain a general knowledge and understanding of estate, gift, nonprofit and pension tax areas
- Complete various tasks associated with income tax planning, research technical tax issues and assist with other business consulting projects
- Demonstrate the capacity to apply most general tax rules and concepts
- Participate in various projects to determine areas of interest for possible niche development
- Hone tax research and planning skills, including the ability to identify, analyze and articulate problems and opportunities, and propose solutions as a client advocate
- Effectively communicate results, both internally and externally on project and client information
- Understand client objectives and maximize the value of the service we provide with respect to attaining those objectives
- Manage client contacts and assist in the communication process for tax clients
- Preparation of complex tax returns
- Supervise and train staff and interns as requested, including (i.e. workflow on returns for less complex clients, use of systems, and internal processes and procedures)
- Review less complex tax returns
- Maintain understanding of all relevant computer software applications and how they might best be used to promote efficient use of time
- Obtain understanding of the economics of job performance by reviewing and working within the Firm operation, budget and billing constraints
- Attendance and participation in tax training as determined by management
- Participation in professional and business organizations as requested
- Participation in client development and marketing efforts as requested
- Adhere to the Firms quality control standards
- Bachelors degree in accounting from an accredited college
- Compliance to the 150 hour rule and/or a CPA
- Minimum of two (2) years public accounting experience
- Working knowledge of GAAP and OCBOA
- Strong technical, research, organizational and analytical skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and other software applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
While performing the duties of this job the employee will regularly be required to sit, stand, reach, walk, drive, kneel, crouch, crawl and lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
How To Apply:
HoganTaylor is a lasting business with an entrepreneurial spirit that drives our desire to be leaders in the markets of those we serve.
Whether you are a current college student looking for an introduction to public accounting through an internship, a soon-to-be college graduate ready to take your first career step or an experienced professional looking to enhance your career through a new experience, we invite you to explore a career at HoganTaylor.