If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.
Assurance Manager (Energy)Manager
Tulsa, OK, US
30+ days ago
Requisition ID: 1117
Job Summary: Manage assurance engagements through all phases of the audit process with limited supervision in various industries including nonprofit, manufacturing, oil and gas, professional services, health care, governmental, wholesale/distribution, and financial institution companies, taking a leadership role with audit staff and seniors.
- Lead by example; actively live out and promote the firms core values HT3 and service standards.
- Review, research and analyze financial statement issues utilizing various electronic sources and software
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of client operations in order to assess internal controls and provide value-added, business processes and solutions to company management
- Gain client confidence through quality work and effective communication, maintaining a positive and professional relationship
- Effectively communicate with clients regarding technical issues
- Manage client contacts and organize communications with complex clients
- Manage complex audit tasks through completion of the engagement
- Supervise, train and mentor assurance staff and seniors to ensure timely completion of projects and proper development
- Develop, distribute and communicate assurance staff and senior reviews
- Participate in department and Firm administration/management
- Assist in niche development activities as needed
- Promote a proprietary interest in the Firm and its clients
- Be an effective communicator and team player
- Define personal career goals and evaluate through the performance goals process and assist in development of senior and staff expectations
- Effectively manage Firm resources as they relate to the economics of job performance, including management of budgets and billing process
- Maintain and expand knowledge of auditing and accounting standards through review of periodicals and participation in Firm continuing education meetings
- Attend and participate in advanced assurance training
- Participate in professional, business and community organizations
- Serve on various Firm committees, as assigned
- Expected level of chargeable time is 1,500, within the context of 2,250 hour year
- Adhere to the Firms quality control standards
- Participate in staff recruiting activities, as needed
- Minimal travel
- Bachelors degree in accounting from an accredited college
- CPA in the state of Oklahoma, in the process of obtaining
- Minimum of five (5) years of public accounting experience
- Understanding of generally accepted auditing standards, generally accepted accounting principles (FASB, GAAP, OCBOA) and industry specific rules
- Strong research, organizational, computer (paperless auditing with Caseware application, Internet-based research and Microsoft Office application) and analytical skills
- Ability to manage concurrent engagements
- A desire to provide exceptional client service with the highest level of integrity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
While performing the duties of this job the employee will regularly be required to sit, stand, reach, walk, drive, kneel, crouch, crawl and lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
How To Apply:
HoganTaylor is a lasting business with an entrepreneurial spirit that drives our desire to be leaders in the markets of those we serve.
Whether you are a current college student looking for an introduction to public accounting through an internship, a soon-to-be college graduate ready to take your first career step or an experienced professional looking to enhance your career through a new experience, we invite you to explore a career at HoganTaylor.