See all jobs in Fort Washington MD
Job Location: Fort Washington, Maryland
HR Anew is a full service human resources management consulting and professional services firm headquartered in Columbia, MD. Our work is grounded in innovation, thought leadership, and performance excellence as we work in collaboration with clients to recruit, develop professionally, and retain employees.
Established over 20 years ago, our progressive and entrepreneur-spirited client is an independently owned, not- for-profit company that specializes in acute and long-term care services in Maryland and the District of Columbia; which employs more than 600 full-time employees. Our client is currently seeking a highly experienced and energetic professional to embark on the full-time role of Chief Nursing Officer. This exciting career opportunity will be located in Fort Washington, MD (relocation assistance available).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops, implements and evaluates new programs at the departmental and executive levels considering social, regulatory, and political and resource factors. Activities include staffing systems implementation, determining the nursing model to be used for providing care, and leading the effort to improve relationships between service providers.
• Assures the implementation of information systems and processes that promote the effective and efficient communication of essential patient information among caregivers and others working in the health care system.
• Guides and evaluates directors on areas of hiring, promotions, training, job development , continuing education, and recommended certification. Hires qualified direct reports and delegates appropriate responsibilities to them. Evaluates direct reports at least annually.
• Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of the Hospital’s strategic plans, decision-making processes, planning, promoting and conducting organization-wide performance improvement activities in conjunction with the Board of Trustees, executive management, physician leaders, other clinical leaders and intervenes as needed.
• Participates in activities that promote adherence to federal, state and local healthcare program requirements
• Maintains confidentiality of patients, families and staff.
• Assumes other duties and responsibilities that are related and appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of work assigned to this classification and are not to be considered as all-inclusive.
• Develops and approves organization wide patient care programs, policies and procedures that describe how patients’ needs are assessed, evaluated and met.
• Develops and approves in collaboration with other staff and as appropriate, standards of care and standards of practice.
• Ensures that policies, procedures, staffing plans and standards describe and guide the care required by the patient populations served as defined in the Hospital’s Plan of Care.
• Assures that all policies, procedures, standards of care and standards of practice are documented, and are available to staff.
• Measures, assesses and improves the outcomes achieved by implementing the standards of care and practice.
• Develops and administers the Hospital’s revenue, capital and operating budgets for all patient care areas in collaboration with the Directors of those services.
• Maintains the professional image of the organization in all interactions.
• Speaks on behalf of nursing.
• VP, Patient Care Services/CNO or designee(s) exercises final authority over those associated with providing nursing care, treatment and services.
• Oversees the organization’s occupational health services, in collaboration with the Infection Preventionist.
• Responsible for Medical Staff organization operations.
• A minimum of ten years of professional level nursing experience in an acute care clinical setting.
• At least five years of senior management level experience in nursing and other clinical departments.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university. A graduate level degree is required.
• An in depth understanding of the relevant clinical and leadership issues within the healthcare industry.
• A desire to facilitate high performance of the entire organization.
• Comprehensive knowledge of nursing issues, trends, rules, regulations and practice.
• Proven ability to lead/direct nursing leaders in the execution of nursing services activities that achieve expected outcomes through the utilization of sound clinical skills and talents, and the ongoing application of emerging best practice modalities.
• Knowledge of current theoretical approach to delivering nursing care and strategies for training.
• Knowledge of innovative leadership management and performance improvement concepts.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively develop and oversee a multimillion dollar budget assuring cost effective use of available people and materials resources.
• Ability to design programs which improve patient care services and to empower others to do likewise.
• Ability to participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of the Hospital’s strategic plans, decision making processes, planning, promoting and conducting organization-wide performance improvement strategies.
• Proven skills in leading other nursing leaders to develop, establish and implement nursing policies, procedures and standards for patient care for specific patient populations.
• Ability to review, evaluate and recommend changes to administrative policies to ensure objectives are achieved, policies are adhered to and regulatory and accrediting and operational procedures.
• Ability to interpret Hospital and department policies, objectives and operational procedures.
• Ability to establish a vision and plans that guide directors/managers on areas of hiring, promotions, training, job development, disciplinary actions and other personnel actions, as appropriate, and conduct performance reviews in accordance with Human Resources policies and contractual agreements.
• Competency in both oral and written English.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious work relationships with staff, physicians, colleagues and the general public.
• Knowledge of Joint Commission Standards, Maryland Patient Safety Center initiatives and Core Measure Standards.
Other Work Requirements:
• Periodic requirement to work overtime.
How to Apply:
6350 Stevens Forest Road
Columbia, MD 21046
For immediate consideration forward your MS Word resume and salary expectations to the address below.
HR Anew is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We conduct pre-employment testing, background checks, and maintain a drug-free workplace.
Share this job