Highlights of this banking CFO opportunity:
- Community bank maintaining $1 Billion+ in assets.
- Multiple locations across the state of Iowa.
- Beautiful headquarters in a high growth community.
- Seeking a strong financial leader.
- Oversee the budgeting process.
- Manage bank investment portfolio.
- Drive M&A function.
- Ideal candidate has attained CPA and/or MBA.
- Extensive banking experience.
- Base compensation range $150K to $200K by experience.
- Bonus 25-30%, plus additional compensation.
Reports to: President & CEO
Supervises: Controller, Compliance Director
Summary: Directs the accounting and record keeping functions of the financial institution. Leads budget preparation, profit forecasts, asset-liability management and makes recommendation on operational changes as needed. Responsible for the timeliness, accuracy and integrity of all financial data. Works with internal and external auditors to ensure that adequate controls are in place. Treats customers with respect and dignity, either in person or on the phone.
Specific Job Functions:
- Oversees the financial functions of the bank(s), holding company and wholly-owned subsidiaries.
- Presents monthly reports to the Board of Directors and senior management.
- Plans, directs and controls the bank's accounting and financial reporting systems. Supervises all accounting functions including general ledger, accounts payable, receivables, fixed assets and all reporting to regulatory agencies. Maintains correspondent banking relationships.
- Ensures that monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports are completed timely and accurately to meet management and regulatory needs and compliance requirements. (Reports include but are not limited to, monthly financial reports and FDIC/State/FRB reports).
- Responsible for tax planning, including initiation and monitoring efforts to minimize the bank’s tax liability.
- Leads the Asset-Liability Committee and participates in determining deposit and loan rates.
- Manages the bank’s financial-related policies, including administration, funds management, liquidity, investment, and interest rate risk policies
- Manages or oversees the bank’s investment portfolio, investment accounting function, pledged securities, brokered deposit relationships and the bank’s lines of credit/borrowing needs.
- Assists with lease negotiation and major purchasing decisions.
- Provides direction for planning model runs; reviews and approves office property improvement requests.
- Leads the analysis of acquisitions, new branch site locations and closings of existing branches.
- Develops and implements bank fiscal plans and policies.
- Evaluates the profitability of bank services and products, analyzes interest income, non-interest income and operating expenses of all bank segments, and makes recommendations to improve the bank’s financial performance.
- Ensures insurance and bond programs are in place to protect the bank against losses that may significantly affect personnel, property, operation results, capital position or the operation ability of the bank.
- Ensures that the bank is in compliance with all existing laws and regulations relative to finance and regulatory reporting.
- Maintain relationships with regulatory agencies and outside auditors and consultants.
- Has access to confidential information. Protects the privacy and confidentiality of customers, other employees, and work.
- CPA designation or Master’s degree in business administration, finance, or related field.
- Minimum ten years’ experience in a senior financial position, with extensive administrative experience, preferably in a financial institution.
- Extensive background in financial institution accounting and auditing, operations, and policies and procedures related to procurement
HOW TO APPLY:
Email resumes to:
Iowa Career Connection