Responsible for sale of new and existing products for the aerospace, governmental, and industrial customers, and providing customer assistance essentially over the telephone, the Internet, and in person when necessary, by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
·Provides proposals and quotes (based on the applicable price list), obtains and renews customer orders, prepares sales orders for orders obtained, and administers to governmental contracts as needed. Updates and maintains quote folders and quote log.
·Ensures customer orders match the proposal or quotation – including, but not limited to: price, payment terms, delivery/lead time, delivery method, export compliance and general Terms & Conditions. Ensures contract reviews are performed and contractual requirements are properly flowed within the organization. Ensures contractual document is stored electronically, and made accessible to the appropriate parties.
·Overcomes technical and business objections of prospective customers. Estimates delivery date to customer based on knowledge of production lead times and delivery schedules. Generates required reports relative to activity. Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
· Handles inbound sales lead calls, to convert calls into sales. Makes outbound lead calls to prospective and existing customers primarily by telephone and/or e-mail, to qualify leads and sell products and services. Keeps customers informed about products and services, updates, and salable features.
·Builds and maintains customer relationships. Investigates concerns and adjusts complaints concerning deliveries or service, and refers complaints to designated departments for investigation. Assists with the effective and timely processing of RMA’s. Provides assistance, problem resolution, and troubleshooting to customers.
·When applicable, coordinates the product line repair business by handling customer contacts, quote preparation, repair order status updates, and fields support in technical, operational, and/or procedural issues.
·When applicable, works with outside Sales Representatives to keep account activities up to date. Interfaces and networks between customer and other Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality Assurance, and Sales and Marketing team members. Keeps workflow through the department related to the product line as consistent as possible, exercising best efforts to minimize bottlenecks.
· Complies with and conducts business in accordance with the letter, spirit, and intent of all relevant laws and regulations, policies, work procedures, instructions; wherefore, refrains from any illegal, dishonest, unethical conduct. Maintains communications with all employees, vendors, customers and others in a cooperative and professional manner, while treating them in with dignity, respect and courtesy.
· Performs other related duties as required and may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, SKILLS, and/or EXPERIENCE
· Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or closely related discipline.
· Work Experience: Three (3) to five (5) years of applied sales / customer service experience, preferably in an aerospace and/or government contracting environment.
In addition this position requires:
·Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Windows interface, Microsoft Office package (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access), database systems, and working knowledge of ERP software.
· Excellent analytical, contract management and organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
· Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
·Knowledgeable of features, technical aspects, benefits and use of the product line, and complete knowledge of selling techniques and ability to close sales.
· Exceptional leadership and decision making skills.
· Preferred experience with government contracting requirements, such as FAR, DFAR, ITAR, etc.
· U.S. citizen, permanent resident alien or otherwise able to review all export controlled technical information.