Job #: 26223
Title: Quality, Safety, Environment and Energy Manager
Job Location: Cadillac, Michigan - United States
Salary: $85,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Bonus up to 10%
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Want someone with ties to Northern Michigan
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is an international and independent automotive components manufacturer operating in two main areas of activity: fluids management and mechanisms. As a Tier 1 supplier, with an industrial presence in 22 countries covering 5 continents, and 40 manufacturing sites, the group has more than 10,000 employees and is continuing to grow. We have high retention rates and a history of developing our people through expanding responsibilities or developing within different areas of functional responsibility. Looking for a self-starter, someone who is eager to learn, process oriented, results driven with a "go-getter" attitude.
This position is open due to internal promotion.
The company has strategically combined the Quality departments with the Safety and Environmental areas as so many of the statistical and compliance procedures are similar strategically and in practice. Reports to the Plant General Manager, a great guy who we have known for a long time.
Open to relocation, but need someone with strong ties to Northern Michigan preferably someone who lives or has lived in the area. Its a fabulous quality of life IF a good match. Small towns, rural, beautiful summers and fall, cold snowy winters. Families must love all season outdoor activities. Low cost of living and housing even lake front in many areas (lots of lakes). But a totally different way of life and many who arent really familiar with it and move from the cities have an issue and dont stay long term. On the other hand, those who love it never leave. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Overall monitoring and validating of the Quality, Safety and Environmental procedures of products and processes
- Must have strong statistical background in QSE 2 and general compliance
- Conducting quality audits, being a certified internal auditor is a big plus
- Must be able to interface and work well with production and engineering staff
- 7 direct reports: 5 QEs and 2 Health and Safety Engineers
- Must have strong mentorship management experience (with direct reports) and be able to work well on a strategic level
Top 3 Priorities:
- Ensuring the Quality Management Standards are in place: IATF
- Acting as the main contact with the customer to resolve issues and rejections: Corrective Actions, 8D and 5Y
- Responsible for plant safety and environmental issues
- Bachelors Degree in an engineering or business discipline
- 7-10 years experience in Quality System Management, preferably in the automotive industry (may consider other highly regulated industries but automotive ideal)
- Skilled in quality and statistical tools such as FMEA, Fault Tree Analysis, (FTA), Design of Experiment (DOE), SPC, and problem-solving tools
- Full knowledge of quality management standards (IATF 16949, ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 or ISO 45 001, ISO 50001 etc.)
- Proficiency in the customer quality and project processes as well as the supplier PPAP.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: