Job #: 6138
Title: Field Service Engineer
Job Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota - United States
Salary: $60,000.00 - $75,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Clinical Diagnostics, Instrumentation, Med Device, Life Sciences
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We have most recently been engaged by an International leader in the field of in vitro, clinical and molecular diagnostics. This OEM is a global company with 6 industrial sites and more than 1000 employees worldwide. As they continue to grow, they are in need of a Field Service Engineer, home based in the Minnesota. The Candidate they seek will be a hardware based skill set (electrical or mechanical) who is currently doing field work ideally supporting and working with biomedical equipment, medical devices, advanced instrumentation and or clinical diagnostics. This will be a extremely customer centric (shows sense of urgency), solutions based professional that has adhered to and been successful in a formal service protocol type environment and brings strengths in product install, troubleshooting, calibrating and repair JOB DESCRIPTION
The purpose of the Field Engineer (FE) is to provide: technical oversight of the products installation environment, maintenance of the system to ensure reliable performance, solution-oriented consultative training, technical support, and troubleshooting of diagnostic product line, all of which require the application of engineering knowledge and skills gained through academic study and relevant experience and the use of discretion and judgment based on such learning and experience.
- 2-5 years of experience as a Field Engineer in the Clinical Diagnostic, Medical Device, or Capital Equipment Industry.
- Knowledge of clinical laboratory workflow.
- Medical technologist experience or clinical automated laboratory instrumentation.
- Experience with troubleshooting laboratory equipment, including performing instrument repair work.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Presentation and training skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
In addition, you will need:
- Willingness to travel in the United States with the potential for occasional international travel.
- Valid Drivers License
- Integration of diagnostic, medical device or Life Sciences Instrumentation products into new and existing client institutions.
- Monitoring and making improvements related to instrument performance and environmental changes during clinical trial activities.
- Complaint reporting.
- Execute training and implementation plan with client and field team.
- Repair, calibration, and troubleshooting skills
- Provide consultative solutions for clients and prospects.
- Suggest and implement laboratory workflow solutions.
- Troubleshoot process and product issues.
- Provide evaluation support for product comparisons.
- Report client satisfaction and needs.
- Routinely performed and scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Develop strategy for ongoing client satisfaction, and testimonials.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by your manager or the Company.
Hardware based skill set (electrical or mechanical) or Med Tech who is currently doing field work ideally supporting and working with biomedical equipment, medical devices, advanced instrumentation and or clinical diagnostics. This will be a extremely customer centric (shows sense of urgency), solutions based professional that has adhered to and been successful in a formal service protocol type environment and brings strengths in product install, troubleshooting, calibrating and repair
How to Apply: