Job #: 7602
Title: Assistant Controller - Tier Automotive Financial
Job Location: Spartanburg, South Carolina - United States
Salary: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
An exceptional Tier I automotive supplier has an immediate need to fill a position of Assistant Controller at their plant located in the Spartanburg, SC area. The successful candidate will have worked as Assistant Controller, Controller, or Accounting Manager for a large Manufacturing operation for at least 5 years. JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
- The Assistant Plant Controller is responsible for the compliance of the safe work practices of their department and provides support for improvement actions based on results from the Global Safety Audit.
- Prepares and supports the Daily, Weekly & Monthly financial reports, monthly forecasts, annual operating plan, and overall strategic planning, including month end and year end activities.
- Assure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Policies. Resolve questions of GAAP and internal controls with corporate financial management.
- Audits & supports the internal controls and SOX compliance at the plant level.
- Coordinates any audits with the outside auditors.
- Analyze and accurately report current months financial results to the plant and corporate management in accordance with corporate format and time requirements.
- Completes and/or supports Account Reconciliations for all General Ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Completes all financial transactions, transmissions, and reporting on a timely and accurate basis.
- Complete monthly Hyperion financial requirements, forecast input and upload.
- Oversee cash forecasting and intercompany netting.
- Maintain daily accuracy and balance between AR / AP vs GL (CARS). Including discrepancy reporting.
- Oversee three way match and Supervise accounting clerks that assist in the process.
- Assist in discretionary spending approval process to ensure the plant stays within planned spending targets. Including analyzing AR / AP aging.
- Oversee preparation of capital forecasts with local management and submits them to corporate as required. Oversee maintenance of fixed asset ledger on FAS and balance to the General Ledger, including physical audits and accuracy checks.
- Ensures timely and accurate reporting of government required information, including JDC calculations and submissions.
- Identifies cost reduction and profit improvement opportunities and makes appropriate recommendations for implementing plans to address them.
- Participate in at least 1 Kaizen annually.
- Assist in the completion of special projects (system security / record retention / P-card processes).
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance required
- MBA and / or CPA preferred but not required
- Minimum of five years experience in the manufacturing environment (preferably automotive) required
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Must be able to analyze financial statements, interpret and recommend courses of action to assist management in the successful operating of the business.
- Must be willing to work in a team environment and function with little direct supervision.
This position currently has no direct reports, but opportunity for future supervisory role exists with the right candidate.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: