See all jobs in Wichita KS
Job Location: Wichita, Kansas
Position Title: Contracting Specialist
Reports To: Director of Network Innovations
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: Under direction, this position:
· Fulfills contract requests through independent management of the contracting workflow to ensure legal and regulatory compliance of WPPA’s contracts while meeting deadlines;
· Successfully negotiates contracting terms and provisions favorable to clients leasing WPPA’s provider network;
· Collaborates directly with providers to provide guidance on WPPA’s contracting policies and procedures;
· Collects and synthesizes data to produce reports for internal and external stakeholders; and
· Assists with special program and/or new contract process development and implementation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Ensuring complete and accurate contract information is received from provider to ensure compliant document preparation;
· Conducting necessary research and analysis to ensure appropriate document is prepared, applicable attachments are included and all terms and conditions are applicable;
· Preparing accurate and complete contracts or amendments pursuant to requests and effectively communicating any barriers or challenges to contract preparation;
· Ensuring contract is appropriately documented in reference/tracking tools and/or WPPA systems;
· Assessing and completing contracting needs for provider network;
· Performing mass mailings of necessary contracting documents to network providers; and
· Researching providers and entities, and coordinating other pre-contractual activities.
· Conducts research and analysis on contract terms and language as needed, in order to evaluate solutions and alternatives, with duties including but not limited to:
· Evaluating alternative solutions and prepares recommendations for relevant leadership.
· Performs continuous quality evaluation and improvement of contracting related functions.
· Reporting as assigned.
· Performs other duties as assigned; and
· Some travel required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Two (2) years of experience with managed care or administrative contracting, health services or government assistance programs; and
· Bachelor’s degree required; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be qualifying.
JOB SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Working knowledge of and skill in operating standard office equipment, such as computer, fax and copier;
· Preferred knowledge of facility contracting and reimbursement methodologies;
· Preferred knowledge of claims processing systems and guidelines;
· Ability to negotiate contract provisions;
· Ability to assess risk and offer mitigation suggestions;
· Ability to use Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel;
· Ability to use Adobe Acrobat or similar applications;
· Ability to interpret policies, standards and guidelines;
· Ability to prepare, proofread and edit contracts;
· Ability to demonstrate strong analytical and research skills; and
· Ability to effectively and clearly document and summarize complex issues.
REQUIRED STANDARD KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
· Ability to assume responsibility and exercise good judgment in making decisions within the scope of authority of the position;
· Ability to think and work effectively under pressure and accurately complete tasks within established times;
· Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines; and
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
How To Apply:
Please submit your resume to:
1102 S. Hillside
Wichita, KS 67211