Job Title: Advance Practice Provider (APNP or PA) - Urgent Care-Altoona- Part Time
Requisition Number: 15-344
Area of Interest: Altoona, WI
This position will work 24 hrs per week. Position will be three days a week and will include weekends.
ADVANCED PRACTICE PRESCRIBER
THE MISSION STATEMENT
To take care of people with passion, pride, and respect.
OVERALL EXPECTATIONS STATEMENT
Providing exceptional care for our patients as well as recognizing the value of your co-workers is the expectation of all members of the Prevea Clinic organization. All members are expected to focus on the patient`s needs; relate to all in a friendly, accepting manner; communicate in a positive and professional way to patients and co workers; use time effectively and efficiently; and demonstrate an overall high level of performance.
The nurse practitioner is an advanced practice nurse prepared to deliver primary health care services to patients, families and groups emphasizing the promotion of health and prevention of disease. The scope of responsibilities includes collaborating and coordinating with physicians and other health professionals regarding clinical practice, education, consultation, research and program development.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (This may not include all duties assigned.)
1. Performs comprehensive health assessments for acute and chronic patients.
2. Assesses and manages care for acute, minor, episodic illnesses and injuries.
3. Interviews and advises patient/families regarding health/illness prevention.
4. Performs follow up exams.
5. Provides assessment, evaluation, and management of clients with acute and chronic illnesses.
6. Collaborates with patients to determine physiologic, emotional, and environmental needs and priorities.
7. Provides case management services to assist clients and families with the arrangement for, or refer patients to needed services.
8. Manages patient health concerns through telephone triage and consultation as needed.
9. Provides services, which may include the ordering of appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests, the prescription of pharmacological agents, and other non-pharmacological treatment modalities.
10. Maintains and reviews patient records, charts, and other pertinent information.
11. Performs patient callbacks, reports diagnostic findings and provides consultation.
12. Participates with physicians in review of patient`s health records.
13. Participates in call coverage when required.
14. Attends required department meetings and participates in committees as requested.
15. Other appropriate clinical duties as assigned by supervisory physician(s) in accordance with experience.
16. Promotes ongoing quality improvement activities.
17. Documents in the electronic medical record for all patients.
1. Willingness to learn new roles within scope of practice.
2. Demonstrates ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
3. Demonstrate organizational skills that allow timely patient appointments and appropriate required follow up.
4. Presents a courteous and service oriented image through positive and helpful interaction with patients and families, physicians and co-workers.
5. Participates in APP activities throughout PREVEA and community.
6. Participates in community activities.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
ADVANCED NURSE PRACTITIONER
1. Registered nurse in the State of Wisconsin.
2. Graduate of a master`s level nurse practitioner program.
3. Certification through ANCC or ANA.
4. Certified in the State of Wisconsin as an Advanced Practice Nurse Prescriber or certification eligible, obtaining certification at the first opportunity.
5. Maintains current CPR certification, ACLS certification desirable.
6. Experience requirements may vary.
- Graduation from an accredited physician assistant program.
- Licensed by the State of Wisconsin.
- Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
4. Maintains current CPR certification, ACLS certification desirable.
5. Experience requirements may vary.
Other duties as assigned.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for prolonged periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries weights up to 100 pounds. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing. Requires exposure to communicable disease and bodily fluids. Requires working under stress in emergency situations or during irregular hours.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a hospital and / or a clinic environment.
Essential Functions/Physical Demands
Job Title/Position: Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner
Job Classification: Provider
Frequency of activity required to perform the job
(0% of work day)
(1-10% of work day)
(11-33% of work day)
(34-66% of work day)
( Greater than 67% of work day)
Lift/Carry 0-10 lbs.
Lift/Carry 11-25 lbs.
Lift/Carry 26-35 lbs.
Lift/Carry 36-50 lbs.
Lift/Carry 51-75 lbs.
Lift/Carry 76-100 lbs.
Lift/Carry > 100 lbs.
Push/Pull up to 10 lbs.
Push/Pull 11-25 lbs.
Push/Pull 26-35 lbs.
Push/Pull 36-50 lbs.
Push/Pull 51-75 lbs.
Push/Pull 76-100 lbs.
Push/Pull > 100 lbs.
Reach (Above shoulder level)
Reach (Below shoulder level)
Simple Grasping (Hands/Arms)
Fine Manipulation (Hands/Arms)
Gross Manipulation (Hands/Arms)
Near Vision (Correctable to Jaeger 2 or 20/30 binocular)
Distance Vision (Correctable to Snellen chart 20/30 binocular)
Hears Whispers < 3 feet
Hears Whispers 3-8 feet
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
How to Apply:
We have over 1200 reasons for you to consider a career with Prevea Health--they're our employees. We're an organization that values teamwork and provides continuous education, training and support so every member of the team contributes to our success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in an environment geared to professional and personal growth. No matter what your background or professional interests are, we think you'll like what we have to offer. Together we are the best place to get care and the best place to give care.
Prevea Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.