RB ROYAL INDUSTRIES, INC - FOND DU LAC, WI
2nd Shift (3:30pm-2:00am M-TH)
Supervises a group of employees ensuring smooth production in processing materials or manufacturing products, applying knowledge of production methods, processes, machines and equipment and production capacities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedules production through the department based on orders from the production office and machine and worker capacities. Assures smooth flow of work and materials in the area. Responsible for quality and conformance to specifications.
- Implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, safety and quality of product and process.
- Resolves equipment issues to improve safety, quality and production rates, as needed.
- Communicates company and department information with all workers through regular department meetings. Instills a teamwork atmosphere.
- Monitors and talks with employees regarding issues of safety, productivity, quality, tardiness, absence, as well as individual achievements, accomplishments, etc.
- Regularly assesses employee work performance and provides feedback.
- Provides correction with employees on safety and other company violations as necessary and documents same.
- Provides continuity and follow-through on issues interfacing with Engineering, Quality Assurance, Human Resources and other departments.
- Prepares preliminary budget information and monitors expenditures. Prepares capital equipment justification when needed.
- Uses total quality principles to uncover problems, uses root cause analysis to affect solutions and uses quality techniques including SPC to strive for continuous improvement.
- Determines training needs for department employees and implements needed training (actual training may be done through others).
Personnel and personal issues:
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Enforces company policies, including discipline when necessary.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems through team activities or employee involvement.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Continually learns in areas relevant to the job.
- Pursues certification in APICS Just-In-Time and Production Activity Control courses.
- Supports and carries out corporate objectives.
- Communicates regularly with own supervisor.
- Manage & supervise staff ensuring production efficiency while producing quality parts.
- Make yourself available to your employees and assist with work load as necessary (working supervisor).
- Establish and implement individual employee and cell personnel expectations.
- Assist with special projects when necessary.
- Using past experience with lean manufacturing, identify and implement opportunity for improvement with such areas as line balance, work instruction and individual work content.
- Facilitate and assist in 5S implementation throughout the plant.
- Supports the company and fellow employees by:
-Adhering to all company policies and directives
-Using appropriate personal protective equipment and following safety rules
-Following quality guidelines and using quality tools as appropriate
-Performing other duties as assigned
- EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Bachelor Degree in Management/Operations or a related field, as well as five to seven years experience in a manufacturing supervisory capacity. Prior experience in metal turning including CNC equipment preferred. ISO 9001 background as well APICS knowledge desirable.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers and employees.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- MATHEMATICAL ABILITY: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra. Working knowledge and some experience with statistical process control helpful.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear and use hands to finger, handle or feel parts or objects. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, reach with hands and arms and to push or pull objects.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
How To Apply:
Please submit resume to:
RB Royal Industries, Inc.
1350 South Hickory Street
Fond du Lac, WI 54936