See all jobs in Indianapolis IN
Job Location: Indianapolis, IN
Requisition Number: 17-0392
Post Date: 9/18/2017
Title: Retail Sales Associate- Full Time
City: Indianapolis (zip 46227)
Take a look at the Red Wing Shoes video series.
Indianapolis, IN zip 46227
Try this on for size:
A full-time retail associate will promote and support the Red Wing Shoe Store by selling our image of high quality, large selection and conscientious customer service to each retail customer, striving to the utmost to make a loyal customer as well as a sale. Support Warehouse Operations on an as needed basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Promote and support the high quality Red Wing brand image through professional selling.
* Enter customer information and sales into RIMS, process payments, balance cash drawer and daily reporting
* Measure and fit every customer properly
* Explain product features and benefits, as well as technical specifications.
* Practice industrial sales lead development on the fitting stool
* Suggest appropriate accessories with every footwear purchase
* Take pride and responsibility for overall store and personal appearance.
* Maintain the integrity of the sales floor presentation, signing, and housekeeping standards
* Support Warehouse Operations in areas of pick/pack/ship on an as needed basis.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (following duties are required on all positions):
* Maintain store operations by following policies and procedures and reporting needed changes.
* Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and legal regulations.
* Know the strengths and weaknesses of competitors` products.
* Enthusiasm to provide the highest level of customer service.
* Motivation to reach and exceed individual and team sales goals.
* Obtain necessary information by maintaining knowledge of RWSCs electronic communication software.
* Maintain quality service by establishing, following, and enforcing * Uphold Red Wing Shoe Companys core values.
* Complete other duties as assigned from time to time by your manager.
* Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, classes or programs.
* Conduct self according to RWSC policies/Handbook.
* Retail environment
Requirements EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required and 0-2 years related experience/training.
* Team and collaboration orientation
* Results oriented
* Effective Written/Verbal Communication
* Computer Utilization
* Retail footwear and/or wholesale experience
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCIES:
* Thorough knowledge of Red Wing Shoe Companys mission, values, and organization structure
* Profit and loss knowledge
* LEAN thinking, nimble to drive change that enables efficiencies and drives growth
* Problem solving
* Learning orientation
* Bilingual preferred
* Lifting 50 pounds, bending lacing shoes, and climbing a ladder.
* Housekeeping duties
-Including but not limited to vacuuming, mopping & waxing floors, washing windows and setting up and maintaining displays
Red Wing Shoe Company will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please.
Red Wing Shoe Company will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please. #CB
Red Wing Shoe Company, Inc. is a drug-free workplace.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor`s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
E-Verify Right To Work
A good fit is about more than just being able to wiggle your big toe. At Red Wing Shoe Company we're looking for a great overall fit for our team.
Red Wing Shoe Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
RWSC Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes. Therefore, unless a search firm or recruiter has a current, written contractual agreement with RWSC Inc., resumes received from search firms or recruiters will be considered unsolicited and will be retained, used, or deleted, in each case without obligation to any party.