NETWORK ENGINEER JOB DESCRIPTION:
A Network Engineer is responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing network servers; systems and subsystems. A Network Engineer performs a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation and training tasks to ensure the computer network performance meets company and user satisfaction. A Network Engineer also provides direction, information, and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Support programming network features, device driver development, and new architecture of network equipment systems ranging from switches and routers to Web services and voice-enabled network applications of networking fundamentals and protocols.
· Configuring and installing client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems.
· Maintaining network operations and software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance
· Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
· Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors and etc. to provide technical assistance and support
· Supervising the administration of systems and servers related network to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
· Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
· Complete time logs in Tigerpaw within 48 hours of completing tasks to ensure accurate and timely billing of customers
· Any other duties as assigned by management
· Technical, analytical and interpersonal skills required
· CCNA - CISCO Certified Network Associate
· MCP - Microsoft Certified Professional
· Additional certifications required by management
· Knowledge of VoIP implementation and support
· Maintain network security through proper configuration of VPN and Firewalls
· Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbal
· Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a small business environment
· Must hold a valid driver’s license with no restrictions and possess reliable transportation
· The ability to bend, squat, crawl or climb 75-95% of the time and lift up to 100 pounds
· Availability in response to needs of the customer for installation, maintenance and equipment malfunctions
How To Apply:
Please submit resume to:
Technology Architects, Inc.