Job Posting:Student Nurse Internship Program (SNIP)
Location:Washington Regional Medical Center - Fayetteville, AR
Department:Nursing Support Services
Shift:As needed (PRN)
We are excited to introduce our Student Nurse Internship Program (SNIP) at Washington Regional Medical Center. We have design this program to provide students with a unique opportunity to obtain direct patient care experience, get a SNIP it of where your nursing career will begin and how it will grow here at Washington Regional and filters directly into our RN New Grad Residency Program after graduation.
This program is specifically designed for nursing students in their Junior and Senior semesters of their nursing program. Interested students will need to apply and go through our selection process.
- Resume (include with application)
- Essay, Recent transcript, Letter of Recommendation from your Clinical Instructor (these 3 items can be emailed separately to Lisa Lightner at THIS EMAIL )
Once we receive your application, a member of our Employment Team will be contacting you to obtain any additional information, address any additional questions you may have and to schedule an interview.
- The Student Nurse Intern works PRN (at least one 12-hour shift per week or 6- or 4-12-hour shifts, depending on the schedule period) to maintain their position.
- The Intern is an unlicensed assistive employee requiring supervision by a licensed nurse when providing patient care. Before independent practice of approved patient care skills, WRMC competency validation must be completed. Any licensed nurse may supervise and validate competency using the appropriate WRMC validation check sheet. The duties or skills approved for the Student Nurse Intern are defined below.
- Toward the end of his/her senior year, the Intern will rotate through various departments such as wound care, Critical Care/Neuro, OR, ER, Women and Infants, House Supervisor, and Lab.
How To Apply: