See all jobs in Philadelphia PA
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA
The Global Commercial Development (GCD) organization leads the development of the strategic marketing direction of Spark assets from Phase 3 thru LOE.The Commercial Development Leader will be the leader of this highly-visible function that is responsible for establishing Sparks commercial approach including global marketing, competitive intelligence, market research and forecasting.
This role will drive global positioning and messaging strategies for brands, ensure that we establish strong capabilities to support markets, deliver early commercial input and leadership to our pipeline programs, drive commercial input to business development opportunities and ensure launch excellence by sharing commercial best practices around the world.
The leader will help to design and implement business strategies, create the organization structure and be a key member of the commercial leadership team. This position operates across the various functions, regions and markets within the organization.
This position requires strong strategic and analytical thinking, core pharma marketing skills, interpersonal and communication skills, someone who is a self-starter with ability to manage multiple complex priorities, has attention to detail, can collaborate across the enterprise, and will learn from and improve upon existing processes and develop/implement new processes, where appropriate.
The Commercial Development Leader will report to the Head of Commercial and will be based in our offices in Philadelphia, PA.
- Create a global marketing function responsible for developing and driving global positioning and messaging strategies to support the launch and ongoing execution in the markets and regions.
- Create and lead brand planning process that integrates marketing, market access and medical.
- Provide collaborative support and strategic leadership to all geographies and functions, including but not limited to US, Europe and ROW, R&D, medical affairs, New Product Planning, Program Management and Finance.
- Drive analytics including competitive intelligence, market research and forecasting. Ensure that the global function supports the regions and the markets, is forward looking and proactive, and is not in competition or redundant with the regions/markets.
- Closely partner with New Product Planning organization to drive commercial input to the early stage pipeline while performing commercial assessments, disease area assessments and business development support.
- Represents Spark in developing and maintaining strong relationships with key opinion leaders, customers including providers, payers, patients, industry associations, and other constituencies
- Assess other global capabilities required as the organization evolves (e.g. digital, marketing excellence, innovative solutions, salesforce excellence).
- Ensure multi-year focus for each brand and build strategic roadmap for the commercial organization including geographic expansion, life-cycle management, and portfolio/franchise strategy (in collaboration with New Product Planning and the Asset Management team).
- Provide commercial expertise, leadership and input with membership on each asset team.
- Understand and anticipate trends (macro, economic, political, payer) impacting industry and company strategy. Actively identifies risks and opportunities, develops appropriate action plans and communicates effectively across the organization.
- Engage as key member of the commercial leadership team driving and shaping global strategies, P&L management, culture, people development and global execution.
- Must embrace working into a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Capability to see and articulate the process towards commercialization, milestones and progress and appropriately align expectations. Ability to proactively anticipate the needs of internal customers and to create alignment through launch tracking and operational dashboards.
- Excellent strategic thinking and interpersonal skills, strong collaboration skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and practical plans, programs and recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategy while also understanding how to translate strategy into action through a strong grounding in operational excellence
- Outstanding analytical skills with an ability to simplify complex issues and generate insights that can be utilized by the business to drive growth, resolve issues and/or mitigate risks.
- Excellent track record leading and hiring high-performing commercial teams. Demonstrated open, fair and transparent leadership, teamwork and collaboration, balancing empowerment and accountability and driving results.
- Must have a strong executive presence and be able to effectively represent the company, both internally and externally.
- Must have strong collaborative skills, ability to work across the matrix and the ability to thrive in a science-driven organization. Ability to convey complex concepts and strategies, orally and in writing. The successful candidate will have excellent listening skills; seeks broad input and feedback.
- 15+ years life sciences (Pharmaceutical and/or biotech) industry experience required
- Experience building, leading, and developing high performance teams that have supported the US, Europe and the ROW; preference for a candidate who has a combination of local, regional and global experiences
- Proven experience in global commercial development and/or regional/local commercialization roles with significant experience working with new product planning, portfolio planning, business development and/or corporate strategy roles in a biotech or pharmaceutical company
- Commercial launch experience preferably in multiple geographies.
- Prior focus in rare diseases strongly preferred specifically hemophilia
- Broad hematology and/or CNS market experience a plus.
- B.A./B.S. degree required
- MBA preferred
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities in building and managing high performing teams
- Proven ability to lead multiple projects efficiently and independently, with appropriate experience communication with executive management
- Experience working collaboratively across functions and geographies to formulate strategy and to support regional and local execution.
- Prior experience leading multiple global functions and a keen understanding of the challenges and complexity of the local, regional and global commercial dynamics and working relationships.
WHO WE ARE:
Transforming Patients Lives. Spark Therapeutics is a pioneering gene therapy leader transforming the lives of patients suffering from debilitating genetic diseases by developing one-time, life-altering treatments. We are embarking on our goal to deliver the first approved gene therapy product in the US for genetic blinding conditions and have a product pipeline addressing other unmet rare genetic diseases. We have an entrepreneurial culture and are looking for talented and passionate professionals who are committed and motivated to making a difference in the lives of our patients. If you share our passion for excellence and are looking for a dynamic work environment that fosters creativity, scientific innovation and team collaboration, you may be a great fit for our team.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.