See all jobs in Saint Louis MO
Job Location: Saint Louis, MO
Estimators Project Management
CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS...|
CALLING ALL competitive, people who make like things happen, overachievers, & just plain good folks who like work hard and want to move up in the construction business!
Come be a part of a TRUE team within a leading firm in the construction industry. We are searching for a DIRECTOR OF ESTIMATING to work in the AUTOMOTIVE & MANUFACTURING group. Our client is a diversified construction company, who offers general contracting, construction management, & design-build solutions. Their business has a strong focus on quality & customer service for its many clients that span across various industries. This company has a keen approach toward its employees, offering challenging & rewarding work, as well as an aggressive professional development plan. If the construction industry is in your blood & you are eager to learn, grow & are an experienced leader...then...this is the place & the role for you!
The Estimating Director is accountable for managing the estimation process for Automotive & Manufacturing sector projects (consistent with the company values, policies & procedures). He or she is accountable for the satisfaction of clients, the quality & the competitiveness of each assigned estimates. This exciting role will support business acquisition efforts, plus will engage in training & development of staff personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Accountable for completing of all estimating related responsibilities.
- Effectively leads &manages any assigned personnel, includingprofessional development of staff (according to the organization's policies &applicable laws).
- Takes the lead in the development of Win strategiesfor highly complex project pursuits.
- Engagesin active business acquisition efforts (not limited to client presentations)
- Supports & participates in the project selection (go / no go) process.
- Managesestimating / pre-construction responsibilities to meet alternative delivery methods.
- Serves as Estimating Team Leader...a boots-on-the-ground role!
- Cultivates &maintains extensive supplier / subcontractor /client / designer relationships.
- Be the"go-to" person for detailed knowledge of: craft labor, collective bargaining contracts,labor agreements, company insurance &bonding requirements.
- Researches &interprets projects pricing trends (including escalation).
- Understands all corporate safety statistics &policies &their impact on estimates.
- Writes speeches &articles for publication that conform to prescribed style /format.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management,Architecture, or transferabletechnical field.
- 10+years of related experience inautomotive and/or manufacturing sectors; (i.e.construction of car plants, large manufacturing facilities, etc).
- Minimum of 1year of field experience.
- Familiarwith industry manufacturing processes & hasadvanced knowledge of construction elements.
- Extensive estimation experience.
- Effective personnelmanagement &leadership.
- Familiar with delivery methods such as BV, LS, etc.
- Experience in working with & within Joint Ventures.
- Capable of performing highly complex start-ups, take-offs, final pricing &buy-out activities.
- Able to read, analyze, &interpretcommon scientific,technical journals, financial reports, &legal documents.
- Ability to respondto common inquiries /complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, and /or members of the business community.
- Strong presentations skills: must communicate information to top management, public groups, and /or boards of directors.
- Efficientcomprehension &application of principles of modern algebra, advanced calculus&advanced statistical theory.
- Ability to defineproblems, collectdata, establishfacts, &drawvalid conclusions.
- Interpretan extensive variety of technical instructions in diagram ormathematical form &deals with abstract &concrete variables.
- 25% travel and in St. Louis.
AGC, AIA, AIC, ASPE, BIM, CPC, CPE, DBIA, EIT, LEED, PE or other relevant certifications and/or organizational memberships are preferred.
Executive Construction Automotive
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.