This role is responsible for developing and maintaining a supply base that supports the manufacturing procurement needs. Maintains specific inventory and procurement controls to provide accurate procurement information and inventory of goods; in order to provide the correct amount of raw and packaging goods to the manufacturing team. Generate and maintain the daily Plan for the business. Review production and adherence to the plan and feedback any issues to supervisor.
- Analytical and Mathematical Skills
- Organization and Problem-Solving Skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate production workflow for all products and shifts.
- Plan and prioritize operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay
- Determine manpower, equipment and raw materials needed to cover production demand
- Coordinate with operations management to assign workers and other staff to particular production operations
- Establishes vendor relationships and identifies and assesses suppliers to strengthen supply base.
- Supports Supply Chain Planning and Manufacturing Operations in developing raw material/packaging economic order quantities, safety stocks and reorder points.
- Provides information on unit price, annual volumes, order costs, cost of cash, holding costs and considers all customer raw material/packaging contracts.
- Advise on optimal shift patterns and schedule shift according to production needs
- Monitor jobs to ensure they will finish on time and within budget
- Address issues when they arise aiming for minimum disruption
- Obtain output information (number of finished products, percentage of defectives etc.)
- Prepare and submit status and performance reports
- Collaborate with quality control, warehouse and other staff.
- Develops multiple week production plan working closely with forecast, procurement and production.
- Drives discipline in daily and weekly production planning.
- Full compliance with our GMP, FDA, FSMA and SQF programs.
- Ensure the production schedule is communicated to all departments on a daily weekly basis.
- Participate in meetings with Warehouse, manufacturing and supply chain.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A BS degree in Business Administration or related field. Experience in production planning and quality control preferably in food manufacturing. Knowledge of Manufacturing Resource Planning. Experience with ERP, Lean and continuous improvement. Previous production supervision experience desired.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.