See all jobs in Morristown NJ
Job Location: Morristown, NJ
Director of Diversity & Inclusion
The Director of Diversity & Inclusion will serve as the system-wideleader for our client and is responsible for leading the diversity & inclusion function, aligning HR strategies and serving as a trusted advisor and advocate to the workforce and patients.
To implement the strategy for diversity and inclusion, the Director of Diversity & Inclusion will engage the organization as well as its many constituents. The Director is responsible for articulating a compelling vision for diversity and inclusion across the organization; it must be responsive to legal and cultural paradigm shifts, while continuing proactive and strategic initiatives for underrepresented minorities. The Director leads development of new programs and is the primary representative for the organizations diversity and inclusion initiatives within the organization and community. A key focus for additional strategic development is the intersection between efforts to increase diversity and inclusion while increasing health equity.
The Director, in close coordination with the CHRO, will leverage data and research to analyze policy and activities to assist the organization with diversity goals. The Director will define ongoing needs for research and data, consistent with the diversity platform and the overall organization strategy and mission.
The Director demonstrates strong leadership skills, a sense of urgency, and is proactive in their approach. The person will demonstrate highly effective decision making, judgment, communication, and modeling of the organizations mission and values. The Director will work in a matrix relationship and enjoy an extremely flexible, high-change and collaborative environment. The selected candidate will have a proven ability to connect through positive and respectful interaction, inspire success, and develop creative ideas and solutions.
- Establishing a protocol of educating and engaging the organization
- Assessing workforce and patient needs related to diversity and inclusive excellence
- Implementing best practices, programs and processes to address the organizations needs
- Providing executive-level leadership, strategic planning, and oversight for institutional diversity and inclusion in the areas of programming, human resources, facilities, community building, health & safety, assessment, and fiscal resource management
- Implementing and coordinating training for workforce related to diversity and inclusive excellence
- Developing and leading a sustainable process to implement and continuously assess and adapt the organization's goals related to diversity and inclusive excellence
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative studies to monitor organizations climate
- Supporting the organizations efforts to improve the development and retention of qualified, historically underrepresented employees
- Enhancing the recruitment and retention of historically underrepresented employees
- Engaging the workforce, patients and community members in issues related to diversity and inclusive excellence at the organization and the national level where appropriate
- Engaging in and supporting diversity-related research and incorporate that knowledge into our efforts to increase health equity
- Ensuring that all organization programs and services comply with relevant state and federal laws, State regulations, and organization policies as they relate to diversity and inclusion
- Actively engaging in relevant system-wide initiatives and meetings
- Demonstrated leadership in the creation and delivery of system-wide and community-wide diversity, inclusion and intercultural competency training programs
- Proven ability to work with sensitive and confidential information
- Strong leadership and an ability to cultivate a common vision and collaborative culture to achieve organizational goals
- Experience in employing effective problem solving and leadership skills to bring about transformational change
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, awareness of and demonstrated commitment to contemporary issues of inclusion, social justice, diversity, access, and health equity
- Successful record of influence, community building, networking, and deploying effective programs for diversity and inclusion
- Ability to communicate effectively, through written as well as interpersonal and group communication skills, at all levels
- Experienced-based knowledge of federal, state, and local laws, regulations and guidelines related to affirmative action and civil rights enforcement
- A minimum of five years of experience leading diversity work with evidence of increasing responsibility.
- Bachelors degree required. Masters degree preferred.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required of employees assigned to this job.
Our Client is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, or gender identification. Our Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.