See all jobs in Morristown NJ
Job Location: Morristown, NJ
Position Vice President Quality and Patient Safety
This vital leadership position reports directly to the Senior-Vice President and Chief Medical and Academic Officer. This position will be based at the Health System's corporate headquarters in Morristown, but will require travel to other sites, such as the other medical centers.
The principal role of the Vice President of Quality and Patient Safety is to lead and develop a comprehensive and unified program that implements the organizations vision of excellence in clinical quality outcomes and patient safety, driven within a progressive, value-based care delivery model. In collaboration with leadership, the Vice President of Quality and Patient Safety (VPQ&PS) will establish a system structure that supports the organization through quality and patient safety consultation and guidance, data analytics and analysis, quality and safety program oversight and report and strategic directives.
The VPQ&PS will directly supervise the Directors of Quality and Patient Safety, the Director of Infection Prevention, the Director of Quality and Performance Measurement, the Director of Quality for the Medical Group, the Manager of Patient Safety, and the Manager of Accreditation. S/he will indirectly supervise the quality/safety/infection prevention team and work with the quality team that supports the ACOs (including Optimus) and Home Care and Hospice. In addition, s/he will work closely with the Presidents of the Medical Centers, the service line directors, and physician and nursing leadership. S/he will champion communication and transparency, teamwork, and a culture of continuous learning.
- Responsible for designing, planning, directing and implementing a comprehensive quality/patient safety and infection prevention program
- Coordinates and provides leadership, strategic direction, insight and guidance with respect to clinical quality/patient safety improvement/infection prevention initiatives across the system
- Responsible for developing and directing quality policies, programs, and initiative in order to improve the overall quality of patient care services
- Work strategically with the medical and nursing staff and system leaders to develop quality and patient safety strategic plans and infection prevention plans - and the training/education essential to support those plans
- Work with system leadership across the continuum including: The Medical Group, ACO, Home Care and Hospice, etc. -- to set priorities and goals, and facilitate communication between programs, medical centers, to leadership and to the health systems BOT
- Establish relationships with thought leaders, consultants and key clinicians in the healthcare industry to maximize the benefits of the health systems Quality and Patient Safety program and Infection Prevention program
- Provides direct supervision of the Director and Manager level staff and indirect supervision of their direct reports and assist in their development and competency
- Set standards for best practice driven performance pertaining to quality measurement, review and problem solving
- Provide leadership for system-wide quality/safety/infection prevention committees and provide direction for the medical center quality improvement committees (QICs)
- Coordinate communication to the Medical Center Medical Executive Committees (MECs) on an on-going basis and with groups within the organization that are dedicated to quality improvement including: physicians, nursing, service lines and department quality improvement committees
- Develop quality and patient safety goals in conjunction with the Medical Center and the
- systems QICs, the MECs, senior leadership, and the Board Patient Safety Committee
- On an on-gong basis, identify problem areas in need of focused attention - plan and oversee implementation of actions to drive improved outcomes
- Achieve the best outcomes tied to CMS and other pay for performance programs, including those that are tied to commercial carriers, through partnerships with the Medical Staff, Nursing, Health Information Systems, Information Services, Finance Department, etc.
- In collaboration with clinical staff and service chiefs, participate in the development, monitoring, reporting, and improvement of quality/patient safety/infection prevention activities related to their respective service lines/departments
- Provide appropriate oversight, support, and/or consultative services (project design, selection of data required, development of documentation tools, etc.) to quality improvement teams
- Develop and improve performance improvement systems that integrate quality practices throughout the organization
- Develop and implement a plan to improve the organizations Culture of Safety including the
- concept of a Just Culture
- Continue to implement initiatives that support becoming a high reliability organization
- In coordination with Risk Management, review and recommend opportunities for improvement on all Root Cause Analyses (RCAs) to ensure completeness, thoroughness, credibleness and timeliness.
- Analyze, aggregate, track and trend occurrences/sentinel events/RCAs and identify outcome reports to include corporate and facility specific trends and patterns
- Provide leadership and ensure regulatory compliance, including constant Joint Commission readiness, CMS (including pay for performance programs, star quality program, MACRA, MIPS, etc.) and the NJ Department of Health compliance as pertains to clinical quality and patient safety
- Provide leadership for continued improvement with regard to outside rating organizations,
- including: CMS, UHC, Leapfrog, US New and World Report, Healthgrades, etc.
- Support the development, implementation and on-going analysis of CMS bundle programs and other like-programs
- Oversees data and analytics within the department and work closely with the developing Clinical Business Intelligence Group
- Develop scorecards/dashboards for internal and external customers
- Design quality measurement systems that enable clear reports for internal use including: system leadership, medical center Presidents, Directors, Supervisors, and Physician leaders (including Infectious Diseases specialists)
- Lead Quality and Patient Safety group in the Epic implementation
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Quality Management or closely related field
- Patient Safety knowledge and experience
- Infection Prevention knowledge and experience
- Extensive experience and proven track record with patient initiatives and change management; Demonstrable leadership role and achievement in a complex healthcare delivery system
- Knowledge and experience of quality infrastructure is needed, including how to develop and implement decision tools, protocols, and guidelines, and outcome measurement assessments
- Black belt preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or related clinical field required.
- Master's degree in Business Administration in Health Services Management or related health field required.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required of employees assigned to this job.
Our Client is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, or gender identification. Our Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.