Sante Consulting has recently been engaged to conduct a national search for a General Manager of Laboratory Operations. Sante is the leading healthcare search firm, specializing in laboratory medicine and Pathology.
We are currently seeking an experiencedGeneral Managerbased out of our clients laboratory in Northern Florida. The candidate will be responsible for the business units financial performance and achievement of budgeted unit growth, Net Revenue, Cost of Service and EBITDA. Also responsible for directing, developing, implementing, and administering operational strategies and tactics, ensuring the achievement of the organizations goals and objectives. Our client is the largest independent diagnostic pathology laboratory company in the country.
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Assisting senior management and physician leadership in developing short and long range business plans to support the goals of the practice and company.
- Directing the day-to-day operations of the practice and establishes guidelines to prioritize work production, evaluate effectiveness, and improve the quality of services provided.
- Implementing operational Q.A. standards and manages and measures Aurora productivity standards as provided by the Advisory Committee.
- Engaging in marketing activities to develop and maintain relationships, cultivate new business, and enhance the practices position in the marketplace.
- Routinely evaluates and monitors practice expenses by department and implements appropriate actions based on variance to trends and budgets.
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory agencies governing health care delivery and the rules of accrediting bodies.
- Public relations and marketing programs at the local level.
- Professionally representing the practice in its relationships with other health care organizations, government agencies, and third party payers.
- Overseeing recruitment, retention, training, orientation, discipline and evaluation of supervisory, clerical and technical associates.
- Assuring proper maintenance of laboratory and office equipment and approves ordering supplies and services. Assures business unit compliance to Auroras centralized, in-house purchasing program
- Delegating authority, prioritizing work activities, resolving problems, preparing schedules, and setting deadlines to ensure timely completion of work.
- Providing guidance, resources, and support to Physicians, management and employees in the practice.
- Controlling staffing costs and growth by evaluating staffing ratios, competencies and requirements.
- Overseeing the business and financial affairs of the practice and fiscal management including accounting, budgeting, internal controls, and timely reporting to ensure that periodic and year-end goals are attained.
To qualify; interested candidates must possess:
- Bachelors degree in Business, Finance, Healthcare or related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years successful managerial experience in laboratory administration and/or healthcare administration.
- Knowledge of healthcare administration and policies and operating procedures.
- Knowledge of fiscal management systems and techniques.
- Knowledge of human resource management practices including supervision and staff development.
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and reimbursement requirements.
- Knowledge of information and billing systems.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of employee development sufficient to ensure organizational productivity.
- Knowledge of computer programs and applications.
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, problem solving, and decision making.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Work Place. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening. Our client requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the US. They are offering a competitive compensation package, including outstanding benefits, relocation package and an excellent work environment.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team of healthcare professionals, please apply;
Sante Consulting, LLC
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.