Sr. Commercial Underwriter / Business Banking
Greenwood Village, CO
Industry: Financial Services - Commercial Banking
Job Description Summary
Responsible for making credit worthy decisions on complex commercial transactions to determine acceptability of risk in accordance with the company guidelines and standards. Advanced expertise on commercial loans
Essential Job Functions
- Evaluates all financial statements (business and personal tax returns, fiscal year-end and interim statements and personal financial statements) for credit worthiness. Identifies recurring and non-recurring income/expenses. Comprehend all schedules, notes, and K-1's. Differentiates between cash and accrual method as well as comprehend UCA cash flow analysis. Consolidates related entities and summarizes results.
- Identifies credit strengths, weaknesses, industry risks, and anomalies that lead to further investigation. Determines or amends applicable loan agreement covenant and monitoring requirements.
- Collaborates with Relationship Managers on reasoning for a particular decision, answering potential loan request questions, identifying/resolving potential problem loans.
- Prepares a comprehensive credit summary in conjunction with the Relationship Managers and Credit Manager to address all material aspect of the request.
- Supports management of the Relationship Manager portfolio by addressing covenant violations, completing annual review/renewals, and identifying opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in - Required
- 7 years of experience
- Expert knowledge of information and data processing systems.
- Expert in evaluating business and credit report
- Expert knowledge of Policy and Procedures
- Expert understanding of various regulatory/compliance policy and procedure including but not limited to Fair Lending, OFAC, Flood, Regulation O, highly leveraged transactions, etc.
- Meet and/or exceed our Service Level Agreement commitment
- Proficiency in MS Office and other system applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.